Saturday 24 February 2007

Obedience review

Seeing as I'm starting a new class mum decided it was time to review my obedience training to see how we're doing...

My basic manners are pretty good - I never jump at people and I usually listen pretty well when I'm in the house. I listen pretty well outdoors too aas long as I don't get distracted by other doggies or exciting smells - then I get temporarily deaf! It's not my fault...it's just SOOO difficult!

I'm not so fond of doing tricks like rolling over and stuff though which mum was a bit dissapointed at because she was hoping to do some heel work to music training with me - but I just don't really enjoy it so she's never pushed me into it...I prefer proper gun dog work like retrieving dummies and sniffing out trails which have goodies at the end of them. I do one neat party trick - I can count to three! hee hee!



I was a bit overexcited when I was doing that...I get so excited that I try and guess what mum's going to ask me to do next before she asks to try and impress her...oops! I love training but mum thinks I'm a bit out of practice when I'm around other doggies so she thinks class will be good for me. I just can't wait!

2 comments:

Oscar's mummy and daddy said...

Ooh, your counting is very clever! I don't really do barking, so don't think I'd be much good.

Licks
Oscar x

Rachel said...

It's funny mum taught me to bark when I was little by barking at me...I never bark at anything by personal choice but if she asks me to and gives me a tasty treat I'm more than willing to woof!