Friday 26 January 2007

Exciting afternoon out

I've just come back from a very exciting walk and I couldn't wait to tell everyone about it - it was so cool!

Mum said we were going for a walk so I sat nicely and waited while she got her big rain coat and hat out (it's very rainy here today) and then we went in the car with mum's dad. I watched out the window and thought we were going to Porthcawl to see Uncle Chris but mum said we were going to Kenfig. I'd never been there before so I got really excited!



There were loads of nice smells and lovely things to look at but mum kept on calling me back to her all the time because she said I have to learn to go back every time she calls not just when i feel like it - but I was soooo excited I forgot sometimes...oops! There was loads of grass and other doggies around but they were all very obedient and didn't come chasing to play with me (spoil sports!) even though they were off their leads.

It was like heaven - there were grassy bits, muddy bits, sandy bits and then to top it all - WATER! I've done a total U-turn in the past few days from not liking the water at all to be water mad...I got so excited when I saw the water that I almost took mum in with me! hee hee!!



There were lovely ducks swimming on the lake...and the lake was HUGE! I wanted to go and chase the ducks but mum wouldn't let me...humph! So instead I splashed straight in and bum-tucked all the way around the shallows and back onto the banks behind mum and round and round and round until I was dizzy and out of breath! It was a total blast! I was very good too because I came back everytime mum called me...it's smells that distract me...if I smell something nice I just can't help it!



Speaking of smells...after coming out of the lake I headed off into the trees in the other direction and found something nice and smelly to roll in...mum thinks it was poo of some sorts but I'm not sure what it was - but it smelled so good! I think I have a problem...I should start a society and call it SAA (Smell Adicts Anonymus)! Does anyone need help like I do? Anyway, mum manged to stop me before I got totally covered so I ended up with only a little bit on my head which means I've been saved a bath! Woo hoo!

I had such a good time that I didn't want to come home! I sat nicely by mum to have my photo taken though and then she dried me off quickly. One of the great things about being a labrador is my waterproof coat so that I don't have to put up with loads of towel drying and rubbing...though it is loads of fun!



I'm tired out now but that was a great adventure!

Licks,
Tobster
xx

2 comments:

Oscar's mummy and daddy said...

Wow, that looks like an excellent day out.

Looks like you are doing good on your recall. My downfall is playing with other dogs. I have selective hearing when I'm playing!

Looks like you're a real water baby now!

Licks
Oscar x

Rachel said...

Playing with other doggies is my downfall too but I'm getting better...I'm sure you will too though I'm not going to say it gets any easier saying no when someone invites you to play!!!

licks,
Toby