Friday 26 January 2007

The poo and the vets....

Well it's been a busy morning for me! Last night was the second night that I slept in my bed in mums room without my crate. I didn't know what to do at first but when mum told me 'bed' I realised it was just the same but my bed wasn't in the crate anymore! Silly me! I woke up at 1am and woke mum up by crying because mum's dad came home from his night out and put the TV on downstairs. I don't like it when my hoomans are up and about and I am not so I wouldn't go back to sleep until he came upstairs to say goodnight. Then I woke up at 4am and poked mum with my nose because I was cold and I wanted a cuddle but I went back to bed like a good boy and went straight to sleep.

When I got up mum wanted to stay in bed a little bit because I'd woken her up so much in the night so mummy 2 (my mum's mum) gave me breakfast and put me in the puppy run for an hour in my kennel with my nice snuggly blankie and some kongs. I was going to go back to sleep...but then I smelt that smell....

Mum had asked mum 2 to make sure that any bags of poop that were left on top of the kennel were out in the big bin at the bottom of the garden or I'd jump up and steal them...you see I have this unfortunate 'thing' for poo...When mum got up she looked out the window and surveyed the carnage...I'd pulled the bag of poo off the kennel and torn it to shreds...it was not pretty. I felt so guilty as I watched mum cleaning it up but it seemed like a good idea at the time!



I had quite a trauma the other day so I blame the poo eating on that - I had to go to the vets...I know that word but it doesn't bother me like some dogs. Even though I lost my furry plums there I still love going because my vet always gives me nice liver treats and I get to see other dogs! Mum 2 took me because mum was teaching her guitar pupil at home. When we got there she weighed me on the big scales (she seems to like doing that) and I weighed in at almost 29kg! Woah! I'm getting to be a big boy now!



The nice vet lady made a big fuss of me but then she started poking this big metal thing down me ear...I didn't like it at all!! She said that I'm a big baby...humph! I bet she wouldn't like it if I poked one down her ear, especially when it's sore. Mum 2 said that I've got an 'inflamed' ear and the evil vet lady said I've got a mild infection and mum has to put drops in my ears twice a day and I have to go back and see her next week. Those drops are a very nasty business but I'll tell you about them again! When we got home my mum was upset when mum 2 told her because my big brother Tramp (who isn't with us anymore) used to get really bad ear infections so mum is always careful to clean my ears well once a week but I've still got an infection from somewhere. I gave her big licks and tried to tell her that it's not her fault and that I'm OK - she seemed to cheer up then.



I'm at home now and I'm curled up against mums foot after my walk...it's my favourite place in the whole world to sleep...this is the life!

Lots of licks,
Toby

1 comment:

Oscar's mummy and daddy said...

Oh, poor Toby. Hope your ears are better today. I have a poorly eye & have to have drops for a week, they're pretty yucky.

Mum is trying to get me out of my crate at night. I don't have it in the day anymore, but I feel safe & cosy in there at night.

Ew,eating poo can't be all that nice surely. I mean, I liked horsie poo that I ate the other day, but not my own!

Licks
Oscar x