Tuesday 30 January 2007

What's a pug?



Well...that's it - mum has started back at university so it means I have to stay in the house on my own for a whole four hours every day! WAH!!! I don't like being on my own, it's so boring! I do get nice kongs to do but they're so easy! Mum keeps trying to make them more interesting and difficult but I still emtpy them really quickly and then I don't have anything to do other than sleep and chew on my rawhide. I wish mum didn't have to go out...I don't think she really wants to leave me at home. She said to mum 2 the other day that she would take me to university if she could - maybe she should get a magic spell that could shrink me to the size of a chihuahua and she could sneak me in in her bag...though I don't think I'd like to be that small!

Anyway - being on my own gives me time to think about things the hoomans have said the past couple of days. I'm still learning to understand hooman talk - expecially when they talk extra fast - so I think about the things they've said whilst they're out...I mull it over and chew on my paw. Mum says it's a bad habit - like the doggy equivilent of picking ones nose...why would anyone want to do that when they could chew their paw?!

So, yesterday I was chewing my paw and lounging around...mulling over this word I keep hearing - PUG. What is a pug when it's at home?! Mum says that I might be getting a new brother in the summer because mum 2 wants her own 'lap dog' so I've been wondering if that's what a pug is? Is it a dog? I looked it up on the internet and found a picture...but it doesn't look like a dog to me - looks more like a funny coloured pig with its curly tail! Hee hee! I'm not sure about this whole thing but it would be nice to have a friend to play with!

Hmm...that's enough deep thinking for one day - time for a nap.

licks,
Tobster

3 comments:

Oscar's mummy and daddy said...

Have you tried a "Buster Cube"? Get your mummy to look it up on the internet. I have a big blue one & mum puts half my breakfast kibbles in it & gives it to me as she leaves the house (she works in the mornings). It takes me quite a while to get all the biscuits out, & by that time I'm ready for a little nap, & before I know it, she's home!

I also have a Kong, but I hear what you're saying. They are a bit easy for clever puppies like us (or is it that we're both way too greedy?!. Apparently you can stuff 'em & freeze 'em to make them last longer, but then they can make a bit of a mess as you eat them.

Licks
Oscar x

Rachel said...

Hey Oscar - I'll get mum to try that buster cube thingy - sound fun! As for frozen kongs I LOVE those! Mum used to give them to me often when I was teething but they give me bad poops (lol) so I don't get them too often. ;)

Nessa Happens said...

Hey guys - Nanook here. My mama puts some of my kibble in the bottom of my BIG BLACK KONG, (I am a very big boy), and then covers the top with peanut butter and freezes it. Since I can be pretty greedy too, I eat all the peanut butter very quickly and never spill a drop. I've heard her say she's thinking about trying out Yogurt, too. Yummy!