Monday 26 March 2007

The joys of Spring!

I've had such a great weekend pups! The weather has been glorious so I've been out playing over the fields, running riot on the beach and I've been allowed back out into the big house garden (Well it's not really a BIG garden...). Mum said I've not been allowed out there because she and Mum2 have been planting things and tidying up the garden for the Summer. There was supposed to be some neew grass by now but Mum says we have to do another year without any. There used to be grass, before I was born, but my big brother Tramp dug it all up - the silly sausage! Who would want to dig grass when you can run around on it or eat it?!

Anyway, even though there isn't any grass I still had loads of fun running around with my toys and playing fetch.



And here's some photos of me at the beach.


I just love the beach! I know I say it all the time...but I just love it! I love chasing my ball, and playing football with mum, and splashing in the sea! I'm also well known for pointing seagulls...mum sometimes wonders about my sanity - and my breeding! Last night I sampled some yummy Seagull poop when I came out of the sea - I can highly reccommend it.

As well as all that excitment Mum told me some very exciting news! On Saturday she went with Mum2 to visit a nice lady who breeds Pugs - you remember, those funny pig-dogs I told you about, and they liked her very much so hopefully I'll be getting a neew brother or sister at the start of June. The breeding ladys Pug, Lilly, is pregnant and looking very healthy so everyone keep your paws crossed! Mum says that Pug can have very different sized litters - anything from 1 to 6 puppies and they could be boys, girls or a mix so I don't know if I'm getting a brother or a sister yet! I am quite excited but I'm a bit worried too...I mean, I have to share my hoomans with another doggy! It does mean that I have a friend to play with, although it looks like Puggy puppies are very tiny so I'll have to be veery careful with it when it is little! This is what Pug puppies look like when they're five weeks old - they are so tiny!


And this is Lilly, the glowing mum to be. Mum said she was very nice. She looks a bit put out in this picture...but there was a Bichon sniffing her butt - I think I'd look put out too!


So it's been a busy weekend! I'd like all my friends to send loads of good vibes and luck to Lilly for the safe delivery of her babies next month! And now - a nap!


Lots of licks,
Tobster
x

5 comments:

Oscar's mummy and daddy said...

Wowee, a baby bro or sis! You're so lucky Tobes,I'm really jealous! You will have to watch your big paws though as they will be teeny. You know Suki pug who blogs don't you? She is still really teeny at 4 months.

Hey, we can be agility buddies & compare notes!

Do you live right by the sea? I still haven't been, sniff sniff.

Licks
Oscar x

Suki & Joey said...

Hey Toby,
I hope you get a pug! We're the bestest. My brother is a lab and we get along really well. He wasn't crazy about me at first, but now we play all day :)

Yes, you will have to be careful at first, but by the time the puppy's my age (4 1/2 months), depending on its sex, it will weigh anywhere from 8-12 lbs, so it won't be SO teeny-tiny anymore.

The pugs could be either black or fawn (like me!)...do you know what color your family wants? I am partial to fawn, of course, but I am constantly hearing mom say she wants a black one, now. If you have any questions, you can e-mail my mom at katylopez@comcast.net, k?

Puggy kisses! And good luck!
Suki

Lady Kaos said...

I wish I lived near a beach! It looks so much fun! I hope we go camping near water this summer! I LOVE swimming!
My older sister is a miniature dacshund. It took awhile to get used to watching where I sit and walk. When I get excited I still sometimes forget. She's gotten used to watching where I'm going to step or sit though. I figure it's easier for for to be careful since she can't definately see me. I love her lots so I still try to be careful.
Kaos

Rachel said...

Hey guys!

Yes I know Suki Oscar - she's fab! I can't wait to start agility...it looks so much fun! And yes I live right on the coast - well it is about 5/10 minutes in the car. Poor you not having been to the sea! You live in such a nice place but I would miss being by the sea if I lived there.

Well, Suki, we're definitely having a Pug, as long as everything goes well for Lilly - this her very first litter! Both mum and Dad are fawn so we're going fawn! Mum likes black pugs too though. Thanks for the e-mail for your mom - mum says that she's sure she'll have plenty of questions in the coming weeks!

Lots of licks,
Tobster

Sophie Brador said...

A well earned nap Toby! You look pretty cute all curled up like that.